The AHA's ACLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
The ACLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Registration begins at 7:15 AM. Advance registration is required. Space is limited. Click the "Register Online" button to register. Call Avera Education & Staffing Solutions at 605-668-8475 with questions.
MUST PRINT AND BRING TO CLASS:
Participants must be certified in the American Heart Association's Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers before taking this course.
You will need to come to this course prepared to:
1. Appropriately manage and direct a team response for the first 10 minutes of a code in a “mock” code situation.
2. Demonstrate use of the basic airway adjuncts, application/operation of an AED and CPR for the Healthcare Provider skills.
3. Successfully pass the written exam.
You are required to bring your completed ACLS Pre-course Self-Assessment with a passing score to class. You will not be permitted to attend class without it. The code is: acls15
Failure to successfully complete this course will then require you to attend a standard ACLS Provider Course – COME PREPARED!
Also required :
The required textbook for this course is: American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Manual 2015.
Channing L. Bete Co.
Laerdal Medical Corporation
WorldPoint ECC, Inc
Students may checkout a copy of the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider Manual 2015 from AESS, located on the 4th floor of the Benedictine Center. These books may be checked out two weeks prior to course date. (Please return books to instructor immediately following course dismissal)
To help you prepare:
- Complete the pre-course preparation checklist that came with your ACLS Provider Manual.
- Review and understand the information in your ACLS Provider Manual. Pay particular attention to the 10 core cases in Part 5.
- Review and understand the information in the BLS for Healthcare Providers Manual. The resuscitation scenarios require that your BLS skills and knowledge are current. You will be tested on adult 1- rescuer skills and AED skills at the beginning of the ACLS Provider Course. In this course you will not be taught how to do CPR, use an AED or how to interpret cardiac rhythms. You must know this information in advance.
- Review and understand the ACLS algorithms for the cases in the ACLS Provider Manual.
Complete the ACLS Pre-course Self-Assessment on ACLS ECGs and Pharmacology (ACLS Student Website) The code is: acls15
Please wear loose, layered, comfortable clothing. You will be practicing skills that require you to work on your hands and knees and the course requires bending, standing and lifting. If you have any physical condition that might prevent you from engaging in these activities please tell an instructor. The instructor may be able to adjust the equipment if you have back, knee or hip problems.
For successful course completion, students must demonstrate skills competency in all learning stations, pass the CPR AED skills test, bag-mask ventilation skills test and the Megacode test. They also must pass the written test with a score of 84% or higher. Upon successful completion, students receive an ACLS course completion card, valid for two years.
Please make the most of this course by arriving well prepared. If you have any questions about the course please call me at 668-8475.
For more information on this and other educational opportunities offered by Avera Education & Staffing Solutions visit our website at www.averasolutions.org.
Class Cancellation Policy
Class cancellation must be made two weeks prior to the scheduled class. If not received full class fee will be charged.