The Avera Education & Staffing Solutions Nursing Assistant Training Program methodology was updated in 2010 to incorporate a new approach in developing the skills of nurse aides in hospitals and long-term care facilities. Throughout this comprehensive training, the NA candidate is exposed to reading and workbook assignments, videos/DVDs, lectures, skills demonstrations, hands-on practice and direct discussions. Register your staff today for this highly successful program. Overall certification pass rate is an impressive 97%.
The Nurse Aide Training Program is divided into three components totaling 75 hours:
- 16 hours of self-directed study incorporating video lecture, textbook reading assignments, workbook assignments, and handouts.
- 24 hours of classroom instruction. Students attend lectures and practice hands-on nurse aide skills in a clinical classroom.
- 35 hours of clinical instruction must be completed under the direct guidance of a Board of Nursing approved NATP clinical instructor. Avera Education & Staffing Solutions provides clinical training with an approved instructor for facilities or individual students who would otherwise not have access to an approved instructor (additional fees apply).
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment or complications beyond our control. In the event of a cancellation, we will attempt to accommodate student and/or facility needs when rescheduling. Avera Education & Staffing Solutions also reserves the right to change the dates and times. In this case, we will attempt to contact all registrants to reschedule for the new class.
If for any reason a class is canceled after registration confirmation approval has been sent, Avera Education & Staffing Solutions will notify registrants at the phone number listed on the registration.
If a student misses one or more classes, the student can make up the classes on the next scheduled date of the same class that was missed. Refunds are NOT issued for missed classes.
Class Withdrawal Policy
A 25% fee will be charged for withdrawal of registration from a class if received less than ten (10) business days before the first day of class.
Registrations may be transferred to another individual to attend the original scheduled class.
- Textbook: The Nursing Assistant: Acute, Subacute and Long-Term Care, Fifth Edition (JoLynn Pulliam, Pearson, 2012)
- On-line access to the first 16 hours (Part 1) of the Nursing Assistant Training Program Self-Paced Classroom
Optional Training Resources:
- Student Workbook for The Nursing Assistant: Acute, Subacute and Long-Term Care, Fifth Edition (JoLynn Pulliam, Pearson, 2012)
- CD-ROM accompanying the Textbook: The Nursing Assistant: Acute, Subacute and Long-Term Care, Fifth Edition (JoLynn Pulliam, Pearson, 2012)
Once the 75 hour program is completed, the student is eligible to take the state certification exam.