Welcome to Avera Med Aide On-Line Training Solutions©.
The Medication Aide Training Program utilizes on-line learning modules, chapter quizzes, an on-line lab and quiz, example MARs, a 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation, and a Final Exam in educating Med Aides. Avera Education & Staffing Solutions’ program is designed to prepare the student to skillfully and safely administer medications in a facility.
The State of South Dakota requires students in the Medication Aide Training Program to have a high school diploma or GED and a copy must be provided to Avera Education & Staffing Solutions prior to certificate issuance.
Class Cancellation Policy
All Cancellations made within 5 business days of registration will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Anytime cancellations made after 5 buisness days will be charged the full course fee.
(if student logs into an exam at anytime the full program fee will be charged regardless of cancellation timeframe)
- Complete Unit 1 on-line modules
- Complete Unit 1 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to Unit 2) register here
- Complete Unit 2 on-line modules
- Complete Unit 2 Exam with passing score of at least 85%. One retake if allowed if necessary (must be completed prior to advancing to On-line Lab) register here
- On-line lab and quiz must be completed prior to advancing to the 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation
- Register here if completing 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation with AESS (students may complete at facility with RN Clinical Sponsor).
- After completion of 1:1 Skills Performance Evaluation register for Final Exam here (Final Exam has one retake if necessary). Score of 85% is required.
- Upon successful completion a certificate will be awarded
* 1:1 Skills Performance and Exams will be billed out if they are done with AESS.
- Independents must purchase, and facilities must provide each student with the textbook, Sorrentino, S. & Remmert, L. (2009), Mosby’s Textbook for Medication Assistants, Mosby: St. Louis, MO. Our MATP and this textbook are approved by the South Dakota Board of Nursing. This textbook may be purchased from Elsevier or from a vendor of choice.
- On-line access to Med Aide Training Program Self-Paced Classroom.
You will also need a copy of these materials:
Reminder: AESS encourages Chapter’s results be stored at facility. High School Diploma/GED, Training Documentation, and Clinical Skills Checklist must be sent to AESS.
Avera Education & Staffing Solutions (AESS)
1000 West 4th Street, Suite 9
Yankton, SD 57078
Phone - 605-668-8475
Fax - (605)668-8483
Email - email@example.com