Avera@Home offers a full range of skilled nursing, therapy and home health aide services. Delivering health care services in the home has many advantages.
By providing direct care and education, Avera@Home can help restore and improve a patient's health status. Staff are experienced and trained in current nursing and clinical practices for both adult and pediatric populations.
Services may be short term following an illness or surgery or long term for patients with chronic diseases.
Benefits of Home Health
- Provides continuity of care from the hospital to the home
- Includes the patient and physician in developing a plan of care to meet the patient's needs
- Shortens hospital stays and prevents re-hospitalization
- Speeds up the patient's recovery and return to regular activities of daily living
- Reduces the cost of illness
- Collaborates with other community agencies to facilitate continuing care
Steps Toward Home Health Care Through Avera@Home
How to Obtain a Referral
Referral to Avera@Home can be made by physicians, patients, the patients' family, friends or community agencies. The patient must have a skilled need and be under the care of a physician who will write an order for home health. Patients living outside of the Avera@Home service area are referred to local home care agencies located near the patient’s home.
Is Home Health Care Covered by Insurance?
Payment for services may be covered by Medicare, Medicaid or private insurance, if certain guidelines are met. Home Health Care is also offered on a private pay basis, also. All individuals are eligible regardless of race, color, creed or age.