Physician Resources for Hospice Care
Primary care and specialty physicians play a key role in hospice and palliative care. The patient's physician will always be part of the care plan, meeting with the entire team to help guide care.
Why Refer to Avera@Home?
Your patients depend on you to recommend quality care at a difficult time. When they need hospice, you should refer them to the best hospice care available. We are committed to our patients and referral sources with the goal of partnering with you to provide unmatched service.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose Avera@Home:
- We are your hospice resource and can help you talk to patients about hospice.
- We offer same-day admission services to hospice in most situations, depending on patient needs. Our hospice team works closely with patients and families to assure timely and prompt access to hospice services.
- Physicians who refer to us continue to care for their patients and we work with you to serve the needs of the patients you refer to us.
- We are your eyes and ears in the home and provide updates on your patients. We communicate with you any way you want.
- Easy referral process.
- We are a non-profit provider, providing this service in accordance with our mission statement.
- Communication About the Transition to Hospice
From the article "Making The Transition to Hospice:Exploring Hospice Professionals' Perspectives" by Deborah P. Waldrop and Elaine S. Rinfrette. Death Studies, 33:557-580, 2009. Full text article available on EBSCO Online.