5 Things You Didn’t Know About Integrative Medicine and Weight Loss
Weight loss is not an easy journey. There are many factors that come into play when trying to lose weight. We are not simple machines where just cutting calories our body decides to give up the fat. We are much more complex than that. Integrative Medicine can help you on this journey; we can be a support to you as you walk this road with many twists and turns.
- Health coaches really do make a difference on your journey. You may be asking, what is a health coach? Integrative medicine currently has two certified health coaches in Integrative Nutrition. Health coaches can help guide you, support you, encourage you, and hold you accountable for the goals you set for weight loss. We work with you where you are, whether having medical conditions or not, in whatever weight loss goal you may have. We offer you the right diet plan for your unique needs. we educate you in proper nutrient balance. Most of all, we hope to help you create a lifestyle change for the long term. Health coaching is a powerful tool to empower clients to take charge of their well-being.
- Weight loss is an emotional journey. One of the tools we have at Integrative Medicine is the Ideal Protein diet plan. We have found this to be a great tool to help our clients work through this emotional piece as it can help take away the cravings that occur when on a diet and helps you feel satisfied. As health coaches, we work with you on the emotional challenges through your weight loss journey.
- We work closely as a team with our two Integrative Medicine physicians: Sally Williams, DO, and Dawn Flickema, MD. Many of our clients come to Integrative Medicine with complex medical health concerns that we can address through tools such as acupuncture, aromatherapy, massage therapy, movement classes and nutrition counseling.
- We have experience with many health conditions. If you are working through medical conditions and would also like to lose weight we are here to help. We have worked with but are not limited to: diabetes (1, 2, and pre), cardiovascular disease, cancer treatment nutrition, fibromyalgia, hormonal symptoms, adrenal fatigue, headaches/migraines, seasonal allergies, depression, osteoarthritis, skin condition, gastrointestinal illnesses and symptoms.
- Whole food nutrition is of vital importance. Eating a diet made mostly of whole foods can help build your health. Eating foods closest to how they were made in nature is so important to health. As Michael Pollan has said, “Don’t eat anything your great-grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.”
Learn more about Avera Medical Group Integrative Medicine weight management options at 605 322-3241.