Recipe: Alaska Salmon-Stuffed Tomatoes
If you’re looking to use up some of those garden tomatoes and get a good dose of healthy protein, this is a great recipe courtesy of Hy-Vee.
Serves 4 – 6
Source: Alaska Seafood
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 to 3 large, firm red tomatoes
- 1 (14.75 oz) can or 2 (7.5 oz each) cans traditional pack Alaska salmon or 8 to 10 oz skinless, boneless salmon (canned or pouched), drained and chunked
- 1 medium ripe avocado, diced
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Dressing: In small bowl, whisk olive oil, white wine vinegar or lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Salad: Cut tomatoes in half crosswise; scoop out and discard flesh and seeds. In separate bowl, combine salmon, avocado, and cilantro or parsley. Drizzle on dressing; toss lightly. Portion 1/2 cup (for 6 servings) or 3/4 cup (for 4 servings) salmon mixture into tomato halves.
Find more recipes on our LiveNow Pinterest board.