Recipe: Flavorful and Healthful Dinner Idea
Adding vegetables to your diet is a great way to eat better and maintain a healthy weight. Plus, vegetables are super flavorful, especially with the use of herbs.
Here’s is a great recipe that is high on veggies and uses ancho chile powder and parsley to add flavor.
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
- 6 medium red bell peppers
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 4 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 1/2 tsp. ancho chile powder
- 2 1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut tops off bell peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Cook peppers in boiling water 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add mushroomsand sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Add parsley, almonds, sherry and chile powder and sauté 3 minutes. Add rice, tomato juice, black pepper, garlic powder and salt and sauté 3 minutes.
- Spoon 3/4-cup rice mixture into each bell pepper. Top each bell pepper with 2 teaspoons cheese. Place stuffed bell peppers in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; bake for 15 minutes.
Find more recipes on Pinterest.