Start the Day Right With a Veggie Omelet
You shouldn’t ignore your veggies at breakfast. Get started on your goal to eat the recommended two to three cups of veggies by incorporating them in an omelet or scrambled eggs — a high-protein option for the morning.
Tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli and peppers are just a few choices Hy-Vee Dietitian Kristin Sousek recommends to pep up your morning routine.
Scrambled Eggs Florentine
Source: Hy-Vee HealthMarket
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- Salt and peeper, to taste
- ½ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 cup Swiss cheese
1. Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Whisk together eggs, dill weed, salt and pepper. Pour eggs into pan. Sprinkle with spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, to scramble.
3. When eggs appear almost done, stir in cheese. Cook until eggs are set and cheese is melted.
||Saturated Fat: 6g
|Dietary Fiber: 1g
||Trans fats: 0g
Find more recipes on our Pinterest page.