Avera Brady Health and Rehab provides a caring atmosphere for individuals requiring long-term care or those undergoing short-term, in-patient rehabilitation. Our facility functions more like a home and less like a medical facility.
Our staff is fully trained in safety and security, and supported by the WanderGuard® System, which sounds an alarm when residents who should not leave the facility unattended approach the door.
A Positive, Homelike Setting
- Three meals and snacks, all prepared under the care of a licensed dietician and served buffet style
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Social and recreational activities designed with residents' interests and abilities in mind
- Spiritual care that includes the services of a chaplain and indoor access to Avera Brady Chapel
- Round-the-clock staffing that is attentive to residents' needs and regularly receives high marks on resident-satisfaction surveys
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and personal care conducted in a dignified, resident-focused manner
- Medication administration to ensure safe, routine dispensing
End of Life Comfort Suite
In September 2008, our staff wanted to provide a more private, comfortable space for residents and families experiencing the end of life.
The Avera Queen of Peace Foundation, Social Services, Plant Operations, Nursing and many others collaborated to renovate an apartment to provide a comfortable space for end of life care.
The Comfort Suite consists of:
- A private room for the resident
- A separate room for family members
- A kitchenette
- A private bathroom
Many have expressed their gratitude to the staff who made this possible.