Prairie Center Amenities
The Prairie Center, home to the Avera Cancer Institute and Avera Surgery Center, was designed for patients by patients. From “entrance to exit” it is a beautiful, inspiring environment.
When you visit the Prairie Center, enjoy the following:
- The Quarry Café has specialty menu items developed by a professional chef that are not only delicious; many selections are also wholesome and healthy with ingredients such as whole grains and vegetables. Favorites include fruit smoothies, winter wheat cinnamon and caramel rolls, homemade hearth pizzas and daily homemade soup. The Quarry Café is open to the public Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The south glass wall of the Prairie Center reflects our South Dakota home. Landscaping to the west of the entrance reflects the more rugged features of the western part of the state, and landscaping and finishes to the east reflect the more developed and urban aspects of the eastern part of the state.
- The Dr. Michael Rost Meditation Room on the “West River” side of the ground floor offers a quiet respite for prayer or meditation. There are also private spaces for meditation along the southwest glass wall, and an outdoor meditation labyrinth.
- Throughout the Prairie Center are 60 commissioned works by 15 artists as well as numerous donated and purchased original artworks. These include paintings, photographs, drawings, tapestries, blown glass and sculptures.
- The Digital Art Gallery in the Prairie Center is a unique venue for juried shows and other images of interest.
- A small performance stage is available for musical performances and recitals.
The Prairie Center’s main floor is open to the public Monday-Friday, 7 a.m.-5 p.m.