Questions to Ask Your Doctors
A breast cancer diagnosis can be overwhelming. During this time you may not know what kind of questions you should ask. Below are common questions to ask prior to the start of your cancer treatment.
Print the full list of questions »
Questions To Ask Your Surgeon
- What type of surgery do you recommend, and why?
- Am I a candidate for any other type of surgery?
- Do you think I should talk with a reconstructive surgeon at this time?
Questions To Ask Your Reconstructive Surgeon
- Will my type of breast cancer treatment allow me to have breast reconstruction?
- What type of breast reconstruction do you recommend, and why?
- When will my radiation therapy begin? How long will it last?
- What are the risks involved?
- Do you recommend having reconstruction performed at the same time as my initial surgery?
- How much will it cost? Will my insurance cover the cost?
Questions To Ask Your Oncologist Chemotherapy
- Have you considered chemotherapy for me? If so, why?
- When will my chemotherapy begin? How long will it last?
- Where will I receive my treatments?
- How will my chemotherapy affect my day-to-day activities?
- What are the side effects of the type of chemotherapy I will receive?
Questions To Ask Your Radiation Oncologist
- Have you considered radiation therapy for me? If so, why?
- What type of radiation therapy will I receive?
- How will radiation therapy affect my day-to-day activities?
- Would antiestrogen therapy be right for me?
- Which medication do you recommend, and why?
- How long will I have to take hormone therapy?
- If I’m currently on estrogen replacement therapy, should I continue with it?