Connecting Cancer Patients to the Care They Need
With one phone call, physicians can connect their patients to a comprehensive team of physicians, nurses, social workers and patient advocates who will care for them during cancer treatment. Patients are seen as quickly as possible to address their physical and emotional needs.
First, the patient will meet with a hematologist or oncologist and their nurse, who will:
- Review the diagnosis with the patient
- Outline the next steps in cancer treatment such as diagnostic testing and treatment options
Social workers and patient advocates meet with the patient to:
- Provide a tour through the Avera Cancer Institute
- Offer diagnosis-specific educational and support information
- Provide emotional support to patients and their families during this stressful time
- Assist with any financial concerns
The Avera Cancer Institute not only ensures timely physician consultation, but is committed to meeting the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and their families undergoing cancer treatment.
The team of physicians, nurses and social workers link patients and their families to many additional services, including:
To make the connection with our team of cancer specialists, call Care Connection at 605-322-3000.