Avera Medical Group Hematology & Bone Marrow Transplant
Our expert physicians and staff offer comprehensive care for people with lymphoma, multiple myeloma, leukemia, myleodysplasias, and those in need of bone marrow transplant.
As a Lymphoma and Leukemia Center, patients receive an accurate diagnosis, comprehensive plan of care, and access to clinical trials as the only site in the state for the bone marrow transplant clinical trials network.
In association with the Avera Transplant Institute, Avera Medical Group Hematology & Bone Marrow Transplant provides the region’s only bone marrow transplant program, through which people from a five-state area receive world-class care.
Bone marrow transplant is a standardized form of therapy for malignant and non-malignant conditions including:
- Acute and chronic leukemia
- Multiple myeloma
- Aplastic anemia
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Germ cell cancers
- Hodgkin’s and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
Hematology & Bone Marrow Transplant Team
Our patients are cared for by experienced physicians who have also completed two year fellowships in bone marrow transplant. They are supported by three certified nurse practitioners and a team of professionals including nurses, social workers, patient advocates and pharmacists. You can view detailed profiles of our providers by clicking on their names below and introductory videos by clicking on the image.
- Dedicated services for people with acute leukemia
- South Dakota's only bone marrow transplant program, accredited by the Foundation for Cellular Therapy (FACT) and approved by the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) as an unrelated allogeneic bone marrow transplant center. Autologous and related and unrelated transplants are performed
- Immediate consultation for people newly diagnosed with a cancer through the Care Connection program. This program ensures patients are seen by a physician, nurse, social worker and patient advocate, so a thorough plan of care can be created quickly
- Chemotherapy and other related therapies are administered in the infusion center located in our clinic
- Sedation for procedures such as bone marrow biopsies and spinal taps
- Clinic trials are available through the National Cancer Institute and other organizations
- Providing cancer care in your community through Dr. McCaul's outreach two days per month in Aberdeen, SD. Monthly schedule of our physician outreach locations.
You can print and fill out important forms before you come in for a visit. Please do not hesitate to ask questions concerning the forms when you arrive at our clinic.
Patient History form