Avera volunteers are an integral part of our mission to provide exceptional care and service to our patients and residents, their families and visitors.
In addition to the various services and tasks that volunteers perform, their greatest contribution is the courtesy, compassion and hospitality with which they serve. With the help of volunteers, we are able to provide an exceptional level of service to those who are entrusted to us for their healthcare needs. At Avera, volunteers are needed, and volunteers are appreciated.
To learn more about volunteering please contact your local Avera facility or one of our regional hospitals:
- Avera St. Luke’s Hospital, Aberdeen, S.D.
- Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center, Marshall, Minn.
- Avera Queen of Peace Hospital, Mitchell, S.D.
- Avera St. Mary's Hospital, Pierre, S.D.
- Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospital, Yankton, S.D.
Become a Hospice Volunteer
Hospice is a special kind of care designed to meet the physical, social and spiritual needs of individuals who are in the final stages of life’s journey.
Avera@Home enhances the quality of life for these patients and their families, but we would not be able to provide such a wide range of services without the help of dedicated volunteers.
Learn how you or someone you know can become a hospice volunteer.