Through this program, Avera's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) teams offer telemedicine consultations in cooperation with patients' hometown physicians.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is a technology through which patients share medical information using a closed, secure network for the purpose of offering instant consultations, and sometimes, remote medical procedures. It's all about the evolution of better, faster care through better, faster communication.
Avera CareView has the ability to provide services throughout the region in South Dakota, Minnesota and Iowa.
Why Avera CareView?
Benefits of Avera CareVIEW include:
- Provides immediate access to pediatric intensivists and neonatologists who work together to quickly stabilize medically-complex patients and assist with transfers
- Allows open communication and sharing of expertise among rural communities and larger care centers for a comprehensive approach to care
- Provides quick support to rural practitioners treating a patient whose transfer may be delayed due to weather complications
- Assists with the education and training of local staff on how to access and participate in telemedicine
- Provides 24/7 nursing support in states supported by the nursing compact agreement
Call 1-877-AT-AVERA to learn more about the possibilities of telemedicine through Avera CareView.