If you have a medical emergency at any time, do not go to a clinic location. Call 911 immediately.
Avera eCARE is a visionary model that provides you with 24-hour access to specialty care physicians and pharmacists and supports the rural health care workforce. Learn more about the full array of Avera eCARE Services.
Evening and Weekend Urgent Care
Avera Medical Group McGreevy Clinic offers urgent care during evening and weekends at multiple locations. If someone in your family is sick, we want you to have the best care available whenever you need it. Learn more about Urgent Care.
Avera McKennan's Emergency Department offers kid-friendly, family-centered emergency care, with:
- A specialized waiting/playroom for children
- Emergency doctors in-house at all times
- An average "door-to-doctor" time of only 20 minutes
- Private rooms away from the hustle and bustle of emergency care
In addition, Avera McKennan Careflight helicopters and fixed wing aircraft have NICU and pediatric specialty flight teams. Learn more about our emergency department.
Curaquick Avera Clinics
Our goal is to make your care as convenient as possible. Curaquick Avera offers walk-in health care during days, weeknights and weekends for common family illnesses. Appointments and insurance are not required. With the close proximity to Hy-Vee pharmacies, prescriptions can be filled on the spot. It’s convenient, affordable and quick. Learn more about Curaquick Avera.
The neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at Avera McKennan is a Level IIIC facility staffed by physicians, nurse practitioners and staff with specific training in high-risk neonatal care. Our NICU has 27 Level IIIC beds, and offers a full range of services including varying levels of care from intermediate to critical and unstable infants.
We make sure your newborn benefits from the most accurate testing procedures and latest medical technology. Learn more about our NICU.
Benefits of Avera CareView include:
- Provides immediate access to pediatric intensivists and neonatologists, who work together to quickly stabilize medically-complex patients and assist with transfers
- Allows open communication and sharing of expertise among rural communities and larger care centers for a comprehensive approach to care
- Provides quick support to rural practitioners treating a patient whose transfer may be delayed due to weather complications
- Assists with the education and training of local staff on how to access and participate in telemedicine
- Provides 24/7 nursing support in states supported by the nursing compact agreement
Call 1-877-AT-AVERA (1-877-282-8372) to learn more about the possibilities of telemedicine through Avera CareView.