Achilles Tendon Rupture
The Achilles tendon connects your calf muscles to the heel bone. If stretched too far, the Achilles tendon can rupture or tear.
- Hear a snap, crack or pop with a sharp pain in the back of the leg or ankle
- Difficulty standing on toes
- Trouble moving foot to walk, go up stairs
- Bruising or swelling in leg, foot
- Immobilization with a cast, brace, splint or boot can allow the tendon to grow back together.
- Surgery may be necessary for both full and partial tears to sew the tendons back together.