Skin Cancer Facts You Should Know
As the weather improves and you spend more time in the sun, it's important to protect your skin and understand how to detect problems. Use the facts below to help!
Skin Cancer is the most common cancer
- There are several types of skin cancer. The difference depends on the type of skin cells that the tumor arises from.
- More than 1.3 million new skin cancer cases will be diagnosed in the U.S this year.
- The sun’s UV rays cause 90% of all skin cancers.
- Any one can get skin cancer.
Skin Cancer Risk Factors
- Personal or family history of skin cancer
- Fair complexion
- Red hair
- Severe childhood burn
- Large pigmented skin blemishes