Avera Digestive Disease Institute
Avera Digestive Disease works in partnership with physicians from Avera Medical Group Gastroenterology, as well as other medical disciplines including family practice, internal medicine, oncology, surgery and hepatology, in order to accurately diagnose and treat disease of the gastrointestinal tract in adults, and provide recommended health screenings including colonoscopy.
As part of a tertiary care center, Digestive Disease has the expertise and technology to provide advanced diagnostic and surgical care, and complex interventional endoscopy procedures. Referrals are welcome, as we work in partnership with primary care physicians in the care of GI conditions.
Avera Makes the Grade!
Healthgrades has ranked Avera McKennan the No. 1 Hospital in South Dakota for GI Services and GI Medical Treatment in 2013.
Healthgrades Awards for GI care:
- Top 5% in the Nation for Overall GI Services
- Top 5% in the Nation for GI Medical Treatment
- Top 5% in the Nation for General Surgery
- Ranked No. 1 in S.D. for GI Services and GI Medical Treatment
- Ranked No. 1 in S.D. for General Surgery
- Five-star recipient for GI Procedures and Surgeries, Treatment of GI Bleed, and Treatment of Bowl Obstruction