Avera Endoscopy Suites
Two endoscopy settings are offered on the Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center campus that are fully equipped with today’s most advanced technology to accommodate gastrointestinal needs – from simple screenings to complex interventional endoscopy procedures.
The interventional endoscopy suite, located on the second floor of the hospital near the surgical suites, allows doctors to perform complex procedures on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. Procedures that require general anesthesia and fluoroscopy are typically done in this suite.
In addition, four endoscopy suites on the fifth floor of Plaza 1 serve for more routine screenings and outpatient endoscopic procedures. Designed for comfort, these procedure-based suites offer the patient an experience that feels more like a clinic appointment rather than a hospital visit. Patients use the same room to prepare for the procedure as well as to recover after the procedure.
Our endoscopy suites are designed to facilitate the following procedures:
- Upper endoscopy
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography)
- Cholangioscopy (biliary tract examination)
- EUS (endoscopic ultrasound)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Complex endoscopic pancreatico-biliary drainage
- RFA (radiofrequency ablation) for Barrett’s esophagus
- PEG (percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) tube placement, and also PEG-Jejunostomy tubes
- Single balloon deep bowel enteroscopy
- Impedance studies and esophageal motility testing
- Wireless pH monitoring
- Small bowel capsule endoscopy
- Large and complex polyp removal