Colon Cancer Awareness and Assessment
One of America’s deadliest cancers, colorectal cancer, claims 50,000 lives annually in the United States. In addition, approximately 140,000 people receive a cancer diagnosis each year.
Factors, however, can increase your chances of developing colorectal cancer. Risk factors include:
- Having a personal or family history of precancerous colon polyps or colon cancer
- Being age 50 or older, age 45 or older if African American
- Being overweight
- Having ulcerative colitis or Crohn's colitis (IBD)
However, screening early and regularly – whether you’re more at risk or not – enables doctors to find colorectal cancer in its beginning stages and initiate appropriate treatment for a better outcome.
Call 605-322-7797 to schedule your colonoscopy today.
Colorectal Health Risk Assessment
Avera is providing a free, online colon health risk assessment. By bringing this confidential tool right to your home, we may be able to help you fight colon cancer the best way – by detecting it at its earliest stage when greater treatment options exist and full recovery is possible.
When you take the assessment, your results will answer these key questions:
- What is my risk of colorectal cancer?
- What are the factors that most influence my risk?
- What steps can I take now to reduce my risk?
Take the colorectal cancer health risk assessment
Learn more about colon cancer