Herbal and Dietary Supplements
Many patients prefer an option to traditional medications for treating various symptoms or conditions. Integrative Medicine carries nutritional and herbal supplements supplied by manufacturers which ensure a pure, safe product.
Check out the Innerpath Store at the Prairie Center, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. or call 605-322-8470.
These supplements can be purchased over the counter, without a prescription, at the Innerpath Store, next to the Integrative Medicine Clinic at the Prairie Center. An Integrative Medicine physician may also recommend these supplements for their patients. Popular products include:
- Probiotics: Often recommended to patients with digestion issues.
- Vitamin B: Often recommended for patients with low energy and fatigue
- Tumeric: Recommended to treat inflammation and pain
- CoQ10 (Coenzyme Z10): Recommended as a headache remedy
- Vitamin D: Deficiencies of this essential “sunshine” vitamin are common in northern states like South Dakota, and can cause symptoms such as muscle pain, low energy, fatigue, lowered immunity, mood swings or sleep irregularities, and is linked to chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis and depression
- Melatonin and other sleep formulas: To address sleep concerns
- Fish oil: Recommended to maintain heart and vascular health
- Thorne Research Oncology: A line of products that support the immune system, combat symptoms such as dry skin or dry mouth, boost energy, and more
- ViraClear by Integrative Therapeutics: A formula to decrease the length and severity of upper respiratory viral infections
In the tradition of Chinese medicine, herbal remedies are combined into formulas which are linked to the body’s meridians, similar to acupuncture points. The appropriate herbal supplements are prescribed in conjunction with a visit to an Integrative Medicine physician. Conditions that can be treated with herbal supplements include:
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Menstrual issues
- Chronic nasal congestion
- And more