Why Choose Avera Brain & Spine Institute
Why do Physicians and patients choose Avera Neuroscience Institute?
- We have the region's FIRST JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Hospital Organizations) certified stroke program
- CARF-accredited (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for brain injury, stroke and comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation
- A comprehensive suite of programs all in one location with coordinators for each program in an integrated care model with patient-centered vision
- The region's only Autonomic Testing Lab
- 20 dedicated neuroscience beds
- Specially-trained neuroscience nursing staff
- An integrated care model with a patient-centered vision
- Multidisciplinary team of clinical experts and physicians
- State-of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging Center
Inpatient Neuroscience Unit
The Avera Brain & Spine Institute established a dedicated neuroscience unit in which patients with neurological and neurosurgical problems can be admitted and cared for by a core of specially trained nursing staff. This unit provides excellence in patient care and enhances patient and family satisfaction.
This unit offers patients and visitors the following features:
- 20 private rooms (including eight dedicated acute care rooms) designed to accommodate neuroscience patient needs.
- Specialized neuro therapies.
- Family-centered focus with access to computers, refreshments and family education services.
- Complete access to Averavision, our full-service on-demand entertainment service with cable television, music, movies on-demand, hospital information and education.
The Avera Brain & Spine Institute, a division of Avera McKennan Hospital and University Health Center, provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions.