Avera Transplant Institute - Leading in Transplant Excellence
Over 1,000 Transplants Performed
- Only bone marrow transplant program in the Dakotas. Patients served at Avera’s Prairie Center—a place of hope and healing.
- Only pancreas transplant program in South Dakota and the surrounding region.
- Only center in the Dakotas dedicated solely to liver disease with an emphasis on new Hepatitis C treatments-- expert and extensive follow-up before and after transplant.
- First and leading kidney transplant program in the Dakotas, and among only 21% of kidney transplant programs to receive a 2010 governmental award for transplant outcomes including shorter waitlist times than national norms, and survival on the waitlist and after transplant at national norms.
- Dedicated space sets Avera’s transplant program apart. Plaza 3 is the new expanded home of Avera Transplant Institute’s comprehensive services including nephrology, endocrinology, liver disease, and transplant and liver.
Avera McKennan press release: Avera Transplant Institute Performs 1,000th Transplant
Read the Argus Leader article: Landmark Transplant Reflects Surgical Leap