The FertilityCare program at Avera is based on the Creighton Model of Fertility Care, an international program used successfully worldwide for family planning and/or for management of gynecological problems.
The FertilityCare program teaches women/couples how to observe for and chart 'biological markers'. These biological markers not only help a couple to know their time of fertility or infertility, but can also be used by physicians or practitioners trained in this method to treat various gynecological abnormalities.
- Can increase an infertile couple’s chance of conceiving by 20-80%
- Is 99.5% effective in spacing pregnancy
- Can help your physician to better treat a variety of gynecological conditions
- Involves simple charting based on external observations
Can be used at every stage of a woman’s reproductive life, from the onset of menstruation through peri-menopause
- Is the most acceptable method of family planning or infertility treatment according to the Catholic Church’s teaching
- Encourages communication, respect and understanding between partners (couples using this method have a less than 2% divorce rate, compared with the national rate of more than 50%)
- Is inexpensive; considerably less so than contraceptives, infertility treatments, or surgical options
- Can be used throughout a woman’s reproductive lifespan with no side effects or complications that may result from using other methods
Barbara Giles, RN
FertilityCare Centers of America
You can learn more at a FREE introductory session: Call 605-322-4434 to register.
Come with questions! Couples attend eight private follow-up sessions over the course of the next year following the introductory class. Financial scholarships are available. Cost may be covered by some insurance companies.