Patients & Visitors
We strive to provide our patients and visitors with up to date information regarding their medical experience at Avera Creighton Hospital. We continue our efforts to provide patient centered care in an environment that promotes healing. For more information on patient/visitor information, contact us at 402-358-5700.
We encourage family and friends to visit loved ones as much as possible at both Avera Creighton Hospital and the Avera Creighton Care Centre. At the hospital there are no set visiting hours and families stay 24/7 when warranted.
Avera Creighton Care Centre also does not have set visitor hours. The front doors to the Avera Care Centre are locked at 10 PM, but visitors are still allowed.
Avera Creighton Hospital
We have served the residents of this area for over 50 years. During this time, the delivery of health care has changed. Avera Creighton Hospital has been quick to offer improvements in treatment, developing effective and less costly services. While you are here, our professional staff is ready to serve you.
During your stay you may have questions about the services we offer. Please ask at the admission desk or the nurse's station. Direct dial the admission desk at “0”, or the nurse's station at 5726.
We want to provide you with all the information you need to stay on the path of recovery while you are here and when you go home.
To promote your safety from falls while in the hospital we ask that you read the following:
- Use your call light to ask for assistance before you get out of bed if you feel weak, dizzy or unsteady.
- Use your call light if your bedrails are up.
- Wear shoes or slippers with non-skid soles.
- Place your personal items, such as the phone and glasses, within easy reach if you are in bed.
- Notify the staff if there is a spill on the floor.
- Ask your visitors to help you with the above safety requirements.