As a courtesy to our patients, Avera De Smet Memorial Hospital will file all necessary third party payor claims once the information has been provided to us.
Insurance Provider Contracts
Avera De Smet Memorial Hospital has signed preferred provider contracts with the following insurance carriers:
- Wellmark (Blue Cross/Blue Shield)
- Sioux Valley Health Plan
- Avera Health Plan
- TLC Advantage
- GEHA (Government Employees Hospital Association)
- First Health (PPO for Mail Handlers and Postmasters Benefit Plans)
- First Choice of the Midwest
- Midlands Choice
Once you have been discharged, you will receive an initial statement that includes a summary of your charges. Once Avera De Smet Memorial Hospital receives notice of payment from your insurance company, Avera De Smet Memorial Hospital will mail you a final statement of your payment responsibilities.
If you are a Medicare, Medicaid or commercial insurance patient, Avera De Smet Memorial Hospital will then send you a statement for any remaining balance after third-party payment has been received or denied (see Insurance Claims for more information on denials). This remaining balance can be paid based on the following options:
- Payment in-full by cash, check or credit card within 30 days of third party payment or denial notification.
- Wells Fargo bank financing agreement.
- Monthly payment options based on the payment schedule. Auto bank draft is available, for your convenience.
- Charity Care Forgiveness.