This educational activity is specifically designed to assist the registered nurse in learning and gaining experience in caring for mother and baby throughout pregnancy, birth, and post-partum.
Upon completion of this activity you will be able to:
1. List five OB Emergencies.
2. Identify three methods of antepartum surveillance.
3. Identify the characteristics of mild pre-eclampsia, severe pre-eclampsia, and eclampsia.
4. Provide nursing care and education to the patient in pre-term labor.
5. Review the pathophysiology of diabetes in pregnancy.
6. Review the care of the woman with diabetes during intrapartum and postpartum.