Seasonal Flu Vaccines Available at Avera Clinics
ABERDEEN (Oct. 4, 2012) – Avera Medical Group clinics are now offering seasonal flu vaccines to the public, with special flu shot clinic days being offered in October in Aberdeen. By getting the annual flu vaccine, you can protect yourself from influenza and may avoid spreading influenza to others, too.
Appointments are required, and vaccines cost $30. Flumist is also available for $40. The special flu shot clinic times include:
- Avera Aberdeen Family Physicians: Call (605) 225-0378: 1 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 9; 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 13; 1 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 25; and 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Oct. 27.
- Avera Medical Group Internal Medicine Aberdeen: Call (605) 622-5458, 1 to 4 p.m. Monday, Oct. 15, and Tuesday, Oct. 16.
No appointments are necessary at Avera St. Luke’s FastCare at Kessler’s and Shopko in Aberdeen; just stop in to get your flu shot.
To get your flu vaccine at these Avera clinics, you should call first to make an appointment:
- Avera Medical Group Pediatrics Aberdeen: (605) 622-4050
- Avera Clinic of Ellendale: (701) 349-3666
- Avera Medical Group Groton: (605) 397-4242
- Avera Medical Group Ipswich: (605) 426-6458
- Marshall County Medical Clinic/Avera: (605) 448-5953
- Avera Medical Group Selby: (605) 649-9999
Influenza strikes millions of Americans each year. This flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses and can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccination each year. Older people, young children, and people with certain health conditions, are at high risk for serious flu complications. Influenza can occur at any time, but most times occurs from October through May.