Floyd Valley Auxiliary
712-546-3428 or 800-642-6074 x3428
Gift Shop: 712-546-7871 x3750
Join Our Auxiliary
We would love to have you join the Auxiliary. You do not need to help with every event, any support would be greatly appreciated. You don’t need to be retired, you don’t need to be a stay-at-home person - anyone can join the auxiliary!
For more information contact the Auxiliary directly (see information to the right on this page) or download the membership form.
In May, 1955 the Sacred Heart Hospital Auxiliary was organized under the direction of Sister Cyril and Mary Vollmar. The purpose of the Auxiliary was to raise funds for equipment to improve patient care.
In August of 1966, the Sisters of St. Francis offered Sacred Heart Hospital to the city of Le Mars. The name of the Hospital was changed Dec. 1, 1966 to Floyd Valley Hospital, thus the Floyd Valley Hospital Auxiliary.
In 1993, the Auxiliary opened the Tri-Angel Gift Shop in the lobby of the Hospital carrying new and specialty items. Over the course of the 43 years, the Auxiliary has provided many services to the Hospital, its patients, and the community.
- To date, the Auxiliary has donated over $600,000 to the hospital to purchase equipment such as: bladder scanner, sterilizers, an infant warmer, an emergency crash cart, treadmills, a Nurse Call system, and turbans for Chemo patients.
- From its inception in 1978 to date, over $79,900 in scholarships has been given to 97 area students and employees pursuing health related fields through the Auxiliary Scholarship Program.
- In 2013, there were nearly 20,000 volunteer hours worked by Auxiliary members and hospital volunteers for Hospital, Gift Shop, and fundraising operations.
Auxiliary Healthcare Scholarship forms will be released in January and are due April 1, 2015.
Other Services Sponsored by the Auxiliary:
- Busy Packs for kids in the ER
- Pillowcases for pediatric patients
- Baby blankets for newborns
- Port-a-cath pillows for oncology
Fundraising is essential to the Auxiliary. Some of the projects we use are: