Floyd Valley Hospital has a full-service laboratory, CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments)certified and directed by pathologists from Pathology Medical Services, Sioux City, IA.
The LifeServe Bood Center, Sioux City is the source of Floyd Valley Hospital's blood supply. Blood donor drives are held at the hospital (lower level conference center) the 1st Thursday of every month.
Routine hours for the Lab are:
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. and
7:00 a.m. - noon
Emergency coverage for the Lab is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The lab offers a complete menu of routine and specialty testing. Service is provided 365 days a year so that test results are returned in a timely manner.
- Serology - Infectious mono, RSV and influenza
- Hematology - Anemia, cancer and infections
- Coagulation - Bleeding disorders
- Urinalysis - Study of urine and kidney disorders
- Blood Banking - Transfusion services
- Clinical Chemistry - Wellness and abnormal chemical levels of the blood
- Microbiology - Diagnosis and treatment of infections
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Program 712-546-3391
- Department of Transportation collections for urine drug testing and breath alcohol levels.
- Non-DOT collections and testing for a drug-free workplace program.
- Paternity Testing
- Wellness Testing and Occupational Health Programs
- Community-wide cholesterol screening held in February
- Free year-round Colon Cancer Screening. Contact your physician or the hospital front desk for a collection kit.
- Annual prostate screening in September
- Lead testing for children prior to starting school
Floyd Valley Hospital is serviced exclusively by LifeServe Blood Center. Blood drives are held monthly at the hospital as well as at several other locations around the community. For a complete list of blood drives and to learn more about giving the gift of life, visit LifeServe Blood Center.
Floyd Valley Hospital
714 Lincoln Street NE
Le Mars, IA 51031
712-546-3391 or 800-642-6074 x391