Avera Gregory Hospital is located in Gregory, South Dakota and is supported by five physicians, two nurse practitioners and a physician's assistant. Avera Gregory Hospital is owned by Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center and has been affiliated with Avera Health since February 1997.
Mission & Vision
Avera is a health ministry rooted in the Gospel. Our mission is to make a positive impact in the lives and health of persons and communities by providing quality services guided by Christian values.
Working with its partners, Avera Health shall provide a quality, cost-effective health ministry which reflects Gospel values. We shall improve the health care of the people we serve through a regionally-integrated network of persons and institutions.
- Compassion: We serve with caring and respect to maintain the dignity and enhance the well-being of each person.
- Integrity: We are honest and ethical in all that we do and say.
- Emphasis on People: We value all people as individuals and strive to meet their needs.
- Community Partnership: We participate with communities to build successful healthcare partnerships.
- Excellence: We work to achieve excellence across all areas of our organization.
Chief Executive Officer
- Lisa Even, MD, Chief of Staff
- Richard Kafka, MD, Chief of Medicine
- Francie Johnson
- Randy Klein
- Kimberly Veskrna
- Laura Peterson
About Gregory, SD
Local attractions include world class fishing, excellent pheasant and deer hunting as well as other wild game. The community boasts a golf course, excellent school system, small town family atmosphere and values, an array of hunting services, and a variety of retail stores. Churches include Lutheran, Southern Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, Congregational, Episcopal, Berean Fundamental, Assembly of God, and Jehovah Witness. The community boasts a strong local hospital and skilled long term care setting. Visit the city of Gregory website.