Avera McKennan School of Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center School of Emergency Medical Services is an innovative, professional emergency medical program offering the finest in out-of-hospital programs and the highest National Registry exam pass rate of any program in the region.
Explore our Programs
Choose an option to find out more about the program, including course details, registration instructions and more.
Why Choose Our Program?
- Earn a paramedic certificate in one year.
- Experience exciting hands on educational experience, with our main campus right here in Sioux Falls.
- Day, evening, and weekend classes are available.
- We have the highest pass rate for the National Registry exam of any program in the region.
- Starting salaries between $35,000 and $55,000.
- Our program costs less than $7,500.
- Financial aid is available.
Current Student Resources
Students have access to our innovative resources and experienced staff throughout the program. Use the links on this page to access information if you are currently a School of EMS student.
Paramedic Alumni Connections
If you are a graduate of the School of EMS paramedic program, connect with your classmates and others on Facebook. We would love to have photos of every class, starting with the class of 1984-85! Visit us on Facebook.