Black Bean Soup
Yield: 5 servings (1 Cup/serving)
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, undrained
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 (16-ounce) can fat-free, chicken broth
- Shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Low-fat sour cream
- Minced green onions
- Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Add remaining ingredients. Heat until boiling.
- Turn heat to simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Ladle soup into bowls; top with cheese, sour cream and onions.
Nutrition Breakdown per serving
- 212 Cals
- 14.7g Protein
- 4.9g Total Fat
- <1g Sat Fat
- 28.7g Carbs
- 5.4g Fiber
- 411g sodium