Low-fat Alfredo Sauce
This low fat alfredo sauce is cooked in the microwave in 5 minutes. It has ½ the fat and sodium of store bought versions.
Servings: Makes 2 cups
- ¼ C trans-fat free margarine
- ¼ C flour
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 C skim milk
- 1 C chicken broth, low sodium
- ½ C shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasonings to taste (optional)
- Melt margarine in large bowl for 30 seconds on high heat in microwave.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Return to microwave and cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove.
- Add milk and stir briskly with wire whisk.
- Return to microwave and cook until bubbly about 3-4 minutes.