Spicy Peanut Stir Fry Sauce
If you like a little “kick” for your stir fry, try this flavorful and simple stir fry sauce. Goes well with chicken, beef or shrimp stir fry entrees.
Yield: 2 C
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 Cup water
- ½ Cup creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp hot red pepper flakes, dried
- In a saucepan heat oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook garlic and ginger, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring.
- Simmer sauce, stirring, until smooth.
Sauce may be chilled and held up to 3 days. If sauce is too thick after chilling, stir in small amounts of hot water until sauce reaches desired consistency.