Whole Wheat and Flax Pizza Crust
- 1 pkg dry active yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Flaxmeal
Kitchen Aid Directions:
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl. Add salt, olive oil, flaxmeal and 2 cups of the flour. Attach bowl and dough hook. Turn to speed 2 and mix 1 minute.
- Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/4 c at a time until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on speed 2 for 2 minutes. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour. While dough is rising, prepare your pizza topping ingredients.
- Punch dough down. Coat a 14 inch pizza pan with non-stick spray. Press dough across bottom of pan forming a collar around the edge to hold filling. Top with desired fillings. Bake at 450 F for 15-20 minutes.
Bread Machine Directions:
- Add warm water to bread machine bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in following order: olive oil, flour, flaxmeal, salt, yeast. Set to dough program.
- When complete, follow directions from point 3 above.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Form a well. Add yeast and olive oil to well. Mix.
- Turn out onto floured counter top. Kneed for 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl, let rise until double.
- Follow directions above from point 3.
Nutrient Analysis per Serving
- Calories: 152 cals
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Total Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Omega 3 Fats: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Magnesium: 42 mg
- Potassium: 136 mg