Floyd Valley News & Events
Receive e-mail updates containing health stories and important announcements.
Sign up now
Floyd Valley Healthcare strives to improve health care and promote wellness through education for the present and future needs of the community. We offer a number of learning opportunities for the community, patients, and employees. People seeking information on health topics may contact the Education Department, located in the lower level of our facility near the Conference Center.
To find events, search for Le Mars.
Floyd Valley Healthcare conducts annual health screenings for the general public which include:
- Cholesterol & diabetes screening
- Hearing screening
- Skin cancer screening
- Stroke screenings
Floyd Valley Healthcare and Northwest Iowa Diagnostics offer monthly Stroke Screenings in the Floyd Valley Radiology Department. Participants are offered three separate screenings at $40 each, or sign up for all three for $95.
- Carotid Artery/Stroke Screening: The carotid arteries are the main arteries in the neck that supply blood to the brain. Carotid artery stenosis or narrowing, also called carotid artery disease, is a major risk factor for stroke. This test screens the carotid arteries for plaque buildup that can cause the carotid arteries to narrow.
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) Screening: An abdominal aortic aneurysm is a weak spot and bulge in the major artery in the abdomen, the aorta. Patients often have no symptoms and therefore the aneurysm goes undetected. Aneurysms are dangerous because they may burst. This test screens for an enlargement or aneurysm of the abdominal aortic artery.
- Peripheral Artery Disease/Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) Screening: In peripheral artery disease (PAD), fatty deposits build up along artery walls and affect blood circulation, mainly in arteries leading to the legs and feet. PAD can be a predictor of increased risk of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease and death. This test will evaluate blood flow to determine if there is sufficient flow from the heart to the arms and legs.
Call 712-546-3394 to schedule an appointment.
Support Groups sponsored by Floyd Valley Healthcare include:
- Diabetes Support Group – 712-546-3443
- Helping Hearts Cardiac Support Group – 712-546-3383
- Brain Injury Support Group – 712-546-3381
Floyd Valley Hospital named a Top 20 Critical Access Hospital
Musson Emergency Services Grant Application available