Lakes Regional Healthcare News & Events
Browse the news stories below to learn more about the recent happenings at Lakes Regional Healthcare and how these changes can better serve the health needs of both you and the community.
- Dickinson County Public Health to be Presented with Honored Distinction
- LRH Creates $18.4 Million Impact on Local Economy
- Wellmark Recognizes 27 Iowa Health Systems for Delivering Quality, Affordable Maternity Care
- LRH Receives National Recognition for Performance Leadership in Patient Perspectives
- IBT for Obesity Provides Individualized Help with Weight Loss for Medicare Recipients
- Home Care Prevents Injury and Hospitalization, Reduces Health Care Costs
- More Flu Shot Clinics Scheduled at Dickinson County Public Health
- Abbott Elected to Executive Hospice Board
- LRH Staff Earn Certification for Healthcare Leadership Educational Series
- Remote Critical Care Monitoring System Expanded at Lakes Regional Healthcare
- Tempt Your Taste Buds with Free Samples on Try It Tuesday
- Process Underway to Determine Community's Health Needs
- Run/Walk to Remember 5K on October 10
- Dermatologist Jenny Nelson, MD Seeing Patients at LRH's Outpatient Center Each Month
- Dr. Chris Rierson to Discuss Latest Treatments for Hip Joint Pain
- LRH Developing Patient and Family Engagement as Another Step Toward Improved Care
- Increased Number of Care Providers Improving Access
- Dickinson County Public Health Relocating
- Andrew Mueting, D.O., Joining Avera Medical Group Lakes Family Practice
- Marsha Haar, ARNP, Joined Avera Medical Group Spirit Lake Medical Center
- Specialized Treatment for Female Urinary Incontinence Available at LRH
- State Immunization Report Released
- New Mom Receives Surprise From Hy-Vee and LRH Foundation for Mother's Day
- Emerald Hills Golf Club Fundraiser Raised $3,525 for LRH Cancer Program
- Local Volunteers Provide Knitted Knockers for Mastectomy Patients
- Okoboji Middle School TAG Students Collect and Donate DVDs for Hospitals
- Hearing Check Kiosk on LRH Campus Identifies Level of Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss Presentation on May 9 at LRH
- Volunteers a Vital Part of the Organization
- LRH Purchases Two LUCAS CPR Machines Thanks to Community Support
- LRH Creates $18.9 Million Impact on Local Economy
- Brett Olson, M.D., Steps Down as Dickinson County Board of Health Medical Director After 22 Years
- HPV Vaccine Important Measure to Prevent Cervical and Other Cancers
- Planning for Pregnancy Brunch and Baby Talk Event to be Held January 17
- Hey, Good Cookies! Expanding Through Partnership with LRH
- Deb Goetzinger Honored for Years of Service as LRH Trustee
- Flu Shot Clinics at Dickinson County Public Health on December 22 and 29
- LRH Home Care Provides People with Care They Need and the Convenience They Want
- LRH Hospice Provides Compassionate Care to Terminally Ill Patients and Their Families
- LRH Prepared for Ebola Response
- Natalie Potrament, ARNP, Joined Avera Medical Group Lakes Family Practice
- Gynecologist Abigail Drucker, M.D. Recently Joined Northwest Iowa Surgeons
- SHIIP Help Available
- New SHIIP Counselor Offering Medicare Information in Dickinson County
- LRH Offering Transition of Care Program
- Run/Walk to Remember 5K on August 9
- Dr. Steven Carlson Retiring After 35 Years of Practice
- LRH Volunteers Provides Gift to Develop Garden and Outdoor Terrace
- Physical Therapist Erin Verschoor Joins Lakes Regional Healthcare's Rehabilitation Team
- Prairie Chick Opens Second Location at Lakes Regional Healthcare
Events & Classes
Experienced hospital staff educate expectant mothers and their coaches about the delivery process. Attendance during the fifth to eighth months of pregnancy is recommended.
Labor Review classes are designed for those who have previously completed Childbirth Education classes. Topics include the labor and delivery process, including relaxation techniques such as breathing and positioning.
Certified breastfeeding educators provide a two-hour session on the basics of breastfeeding.
Register for the above classes by calling 712-336-8700 extension 2622 or by emailing email@example.com.
Immunizations are provided by Dickinson County Public Health at Lakes Regional Community Health Center in Milford each Tuesday from 8:30 am until noon and each Thursday from 2 – 5:30 p.m. Call 712-336-2682 to make an appointment.
Blood Pressure Clinics
Blood pressure clinics are provided free of charge by Dickinson County Public Health. No appointment is necessary.
- Milford Dinner Date: Second Tuesday of every month from 11 a.m. – noon
- Great Lakes Mall: Third Friday of every month from 1 – 2 p.m.
- Terril Post Office: First Friday of every month from 8:30 – 9:30 a.m.