Avera Medical Group Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
Contact Avera Medical Group Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
If you have questions or would like to schedule an appointment, call 605-322-1300.
No matter your age or type of injury, disorder or traumatic experience, count on Avera Medical Group Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, a department of Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center in Sioux Falls, SD, to provide complete orthopedic care and surgery.
Comprehensive Orthopedic Services
You’ll receive comprehensive treatment and compassionate care throughout the process of diagnosis and treatment. Take advantage of:
- Expert treatment of all types of orthopedic conditions
- MRI, CT scans and DEXA bone density scans
- Seamless referrals and coordinated care with specialists such as physical therapists and surgeons
- Rapid recovery techniques to promote mobilization, healing and recovery
- State-of-the-art surgical center at the Avera McKennan campus
- Surgical techniques such as minimally invasive procedures to promote faster recovery
- Avera TotalCare joint replacement surgery rehabilitation program
Specialized Care for Bones, Muscles & Joints
When you choose Avera Medical Group Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, you’ll find the specialized care you need with our services such as:
- Ankle and foot care, including treatment for flat foot, high arches and deformities
- Fracture care and joint dislocation
- General adult, pediatric and geriatric orthopedics
- Hand and wrist care for all ages
- Osteoarthritis of the hands, feet, hips and knees, often associated with aging
- Sports injuries in adults and children, including ACL reconstruction and rotator cuff repair
- Total joint replacement and reconstruction
- Traumatic injuries
- Work-related or occupational injuries
Orthopedic Trauma Care
Avera offers South Dakota’s only emergency departments covered 24/7 by fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma surgeons, Drs. Michael Devish and Aaron Pemberton. Access this level of care at Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center and Avera Medical Group Family Health Center when serious orthopedic injuries have occurred.
No matter your age or activity level, find the specialized sports medicine treatment you need for injuries related to athletics and physical activity. You’ll benefit from our team-based approach, which includes:
- Clinical evaluation and diagnosis
- Intervention of emergency, acute and chronic conditions related to sports injuries
- Physical therapy, athletic training, bracing and casting, conservative approaches and surgery
As part of our comprehensive approach, we partner with athletic trainers and physical therapists not only to help you heal, but also to prevent injury, enhance performance and help you reach your goals.
We’re all different. So is the way our bodies process – or metabolize – medication. Personalized medicine helps physicians know the right drug for each patient, at the right dose – all through a simple blood test offered through the Avera Institute for Human Genetics. In orthopedics care, we use personalized medicine to help find the right pain medication for you. Just ask your physician if you’re eligible for this test.
Your First Appointment
When you schedule your first visit to Avera Medical Group Orthopedics & Sports Medicine, you can expect your appointment to last approximately 30 to 60 minutes. Following your visit, if your orthopedic physician orders further testing and/or surgery, our experienced scheduling personnel will be happy to assist with making arrangements. They’re also experienced at preauthorizing your procedure and will verify coverage with your insurance carrier.
Pay My Bill Online
You may pay your clinic bill online using MasterCard, Discover or Visa. Payments are processed within two business days, and there is no fee for making an online payment.
If you have questions or wish to request a cancellation of your payment, please contact our billing staff at 605-221-0869 from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To save time, please print, fill out and bring the Patient Information Form and Patient Financial Policy to your appointment.