Avera St. Mary's Patients & Visitors
Whether you’re coming for an inpatient stay, an outpatient procedure, to visit a loved one or to welcome a new baby to the family, use the following information to help make your visit to Avera St. Mary’s Hospital a great experience.
- General visiting hours are 8 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- For the well-being of our patients, Intensive Care Unit (ICU) visitation is restricted. Call the nurse's station before you visit at 605-224-3270.
- OB visiting hours for the general public are noon – 2:30 p.m. and 6 – 8:30 p.m. Spouses/partners, siblings and grandparents are welcome to visit from 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
While you’re at Avera St. Mary’s, enjoy a meal or snack:
- Hospital Cafeteria hours are 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. with hot food served from 7:30 – 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. At other times, salad bar, sandwiches, snacks, desserts, beverages and cold cereal are available.
- Vending machines with pop and snacks are available throughout the hospital
- Comfortable waiting spaces can be found throughout the hospital
- Free public Internet service is available
- The hospital gift shop is open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and offers gift items, drinks and snacks
Lodging & Accommodations
When your visit involves an overnight stay, you want to feel secure and comfortable. Pierre is fortunate to have many options for hotels and lodging.
Online bill pay
You can pay your hospital bill online using Mastercard, Discover or Visa, through a secure payment form. Include your hospital account number located on your printed bill.
If you have questions or need to speak with hospital billing, call a patient account representative at 605-224-3100 from 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Avera has financial assistance if you meet certain requirements and are unable to pay your bill.
Learn about advance directives like a living will, or view privacy practices.