Medication Therapy Management
Getting the most from your medications
For appointments or more information, call the Avera Marshall Pharmacy at 507-537-9108.
Are you or a loved one taking a large number of medications and worried about possible drug interactions or side effects? Medication therapy management services offered by pharmacists at Avera Marshall can help ensure that your medications are safe and effective.
What is Medication Therapy Management?
Medication therapy management is a service provided by a pharmacist that goes beyond traditional medication consultation. Appointments provide an in-depth, one-on-one review of all your medications -- prescriptions, over-the-counter, herbal and nutritional supplements. The pharmacist will help ensure that:
- your current drug therapy (including prescriptions and over-the counter medications and herbal and nutritional supplements) is both safe and effective
- your medications do not interact negatively with other medications you are taking
- you are taking only medications you need in the right dosage at the right time
- you are not spending more than you need to on medications
- you understand how each medication helps you
If any concerns are identified, the pharmacist will work with your health care providers to make changes to your medication regimen.
Confidential, face-to-face appointments are held at the Avera Marshall Pharmacy on the third floor of the hospital. Appointments last between 30 minutes and one hour. If you wish, a caregiver or someone who assists with your medications may attend the appointment with you.
To schedule an appointment, call Avera Marshall Pharmacy at 507-537-9108.