To learn more about Avera Marshall Morningside Heights Care Center, contact Dodie Derynck at 507-537-9141.
To be added to the waiting list at Avera Morningside Heights, please complete a waiting list form
and return to Kelly DeVlaeminck
Morningside Heights Care Center
Avera Morningside Heights Care Center provides quality, compassionate care with an emphasis on enhancing each resident's physical, spiritual, emotional and social well-being.
Our 76-bed center features:
- All private rooms, with private in-room bathrooms
- Modern facility with a warm, inviting atmosphere
- Meal choices (specialized diets accommodated)
- Large, comfortable gathering areas for activities and visits with family
- Private dining room available by reservation for family events
- Free Wi-Fi access
- 24-hour skilled nursing services provided by our dedicated team of RNs, LPNs, certified nursing assistants and homemakers who specialize in providing direct care.
- Neighborhood concept of care
- Traditional long-term care skilled nursing services
- Transitions program -- short-stay rehabilitation program that helps patients recover after an illness, hospitalization or surgery
- Memory care -- a 12-bed memory care unit provides care for persons with Alzheimer’s or dementia
- Adult day services -- Offered on weekdays for people who have physical/mental disabilities that make it difficult for them to stay in their homes without assistance
- Ventilator care -- for chronic ventilator-dependent individuals
- Outpatient therapy
- Restorative rehab services
- Spiritual care -- chaplain on staff
- Monthly caregiver support group
Take a look around by viewing our photo gallery.
Rhonda Lee, Nurse Manager
Rhonda shares why she enjoys working at Morningside Heights and why she feels it is a great place for people to call home.
Norma & Terry Renken
Norma Renken and her husband, Terry, share their praise of the care Norma receives at Avera Morningside Heights Care Center. The rehab program with therapy services from Big Stone Therapies is helping Norma to recover from West Nile Disease.
On-site Medical Services
The following services are available on site:
Neighborhood Concept of Care
Morningside Heights is organized into four neighborhoods creating smaller groups of residents for a less institutional feel. Staff members work consistently in one neighborhood, so residents and caregivers get to know each other well. Cross-training staff ensures that any staff member can attend to a resident's needs as they occur.
Residents are are actively involved in all aspects of their daily life. They have input on what, when and where meals will be served. For example, Friday night could be pizza night. Residents can choose when they want to get up in the morning -- not everyone is an early riser! And if residents enjoy helping with cooking, cleaning or laundry, they can do so.