Pregnancy & Childbirth at Avera Marshall
Birthing Center Video Tour
Watch our tour and find out how we are providing the best experience for the whole family.
Welcoming a Baby is a Unique
and Fulfilling Experience
There is so much to share ... the anticipation, the excitement, the joy of bringing a new life into the world.
Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center offers family-centered maternity care in a supportive atmosphere. With nearly 500 births per year, the staff are experienced in assisting families with a positive birthing experience.
Physicians, nurses and respiratory therapists are certified by the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP).
Special Features of Care at Avera Marshall
Emphasis on the mother's comfort during labor and delivery
- Labor, delivery, recovery post-partum rooms allow mom and baby to stay, in most cases, in one room for their entire stay
- Large rooms with glider rockers and tub/shower/whirlpool
- Birthing beds
- Nurse with each mom to follow progress and assist the physician
- Fathers encouraged to be a part of the birth, including cesarean births
- Pain management options including epidurals and intrathecals Mom & baby care education
- Pull out bed for dad
- Special care nursery for newborns needing additional medical attention
- Newborn Hearing Screening and Electronic infant security system
- Complimentary candlelight dinner for new parents
- Free wireless internet service
- Childbirth Education Classes offered throughout the year, including refresher classes
- Baby photo listed on Baby Gallery at Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center's web site
- Hand-knitted hat and blanket from Avera Marshall Auxiliary and Avera Marshall Foundation
Our Medical Staff
Other Staff Nearby for Any OB Need
Avera Health Source Pregnancy Health Center
This online resource is full of important information designed to guide you through your pregnancy - you'll see how your baby develops each week, find helpful planning tips, and learn what to expect from labor and delivery.
Visit the Pregnancy Health Center