To reach the Avera Marshall chaplain, call 507-537-9033.
Our patients' expectation of comprehensive care isn't solely based on the number of specialties, physicians or services we offer, but also on our commitment to each person's spiritual and emotional well-being. Caring for a person's mind, body and spirit is the core of our health care ministry, the root of our mission, and the foundation of a truly comprehensive health care experience.
Spiritual care at Avera Marshall is designed around the emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and their families. Spiritual care functions with the understanding that each life is precious and sacred. Whatever our patient's health status may be, our spiritual care staff is available to provide support with respect to each person's faith and beliefs.
Chaplain Tom Chopp
He is available to:
- listen with empathy
- pray for/with patients and their families
- suggest devotional materials
- rejoice with those who are experiencing the miracle of life
- offer encouragement and emotional support
- discuss end-of-life issues
- mourn with those who are sorrowful and experiencing loss
- contact your priest, pastor, minister, elder, imam or rabbi
- Offer spiritual assessment and spiritual counsel
- participate in conflict resolution among staff members, patients and family members, if needed
- facilitate communication between patients, caregivers and family
To contact Avera Marshall's chaplain, call 537-9033 or ask your nurse. After business hours, nursing staff can help patients get in touch with the chaplain or the patient's own clergyperson.