Community Benefit Requests
Thank you for your interest in seeking financial support from Avera McKennan Hospital & University Health Center. Guided by our values of compassion, hospitality and stewardship, we intend to be good stewards of our resources to make a difference in the lives of others. Therefore, we have implemented an annual Community Benefit Request process for those seeking sponsorships or other support.
Please read this important message:
Thank you for choosing Avera McKennan as a community partner. We value all our community partnerships and are pleased to be a good corporate citizen.
To date, we have received an overwhelming number of sponsorship requests for the upcoming fiscal year (July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014). The sponsorship review committee met in May 2013 and allocated sponsorship funds for approved requests received by the April 30, 2013 deadline. Requests received on or later than May 1 are being reviewed on a case-by-case basis by the committee. If your request is not approved for the upcoming fiscal year, please consider submitting again by April 30, 2014 and we will include you in our review process for the fiscal year starting July 2014 (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015).
Anyone requesting funds or sponsorship from Avera McKennan is asked to follow this process:
- Because we review fund requests on an annual basis, all requests must be received by April 30 for the coming fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- Requests received after that date will be reviewed on a quarterly basis, and as resources permit.
- Organizations submitting for multiple events/programs throughout the year are asked to combine all requests onto one form so we have a full picture of your organization's needs.
Please complete the following form. You will be asked to provide:
- Purpose/Objective of the request
- Description of the event/program
- How the request will benefit the community and/or Avera McKennan
- How you will measure the success of your event/program
- You will receive an auto-response confirming receipt of your request. You will be notified of funding by June 1, or a week following the quarterly review date.
Requests received from outside of the Avera McKennan service area (Eastern South Dakota, Northwest Iowa, Southwest Minnesota) will not be considered.
Because our strategic and financial priorities can change over time, please know that previous funding does not guarantee funding for subsequent years, or on an ongoing basis.
Best wishes for a prosperous year!
Community Benefit Request Form