Physician Resources for Hospice Care
Primary care and specialty physicians play a key role in hospice and palliative care. The patient's physician will always be part of the care plan, meeting with the entire team to help guide care.
Why Refer to Avera Hospice Care?
Your patients depend on you to recommend quality care at a difficult time. When they need hospice, you should refer them to the best hospice care available. We are committed to our patients and referral sources with the goal of partnering with you to provide unmatched service.
Here are just a few reasons why you should choose Avera Hospice Care:
- We are your hospice resource and can help you talk to patients about hospice.
- We admit patients the same day we get the referral, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – even on weekends and holidays.
- When patients call us, we see them – we can't meet patient needs over the phone.
- Our staff is available for patients 24 hours a day.
- Physicians who refer to us continue to care for their patients and we work with you to serve the needs of the patients you refer to us.
- We are your eyes and ears in the home and provide updates on your patients. We communicate with you any way you want.
- Easy referral process.
Communication About the Transition to Hospice
From the article "Making The Transition to Hospice:Exploring Hospice Professionals' Perspectives" by Deborah P. Waldrop and Elaine S. Rinfrette. Death Studies, 33:557-580, 2009. Full text article available on EBSCO Online.