PGY2 Psychiatry Pharmacy Residency Program
The PGY2 Psychiatry Pharmacy Practice Residency at the Avera Behavioral Health Center is designed to prepare psychiatric pharmacy practitioners to function as individual providers in treating patients with neuropsychiatric disorders in a variety of clinical practice settings, and to achieve board certification in psychiatric pharmacy (BCPP).
The Psychiatric Residency is a one-year program, which begins near July 1 each year. Residents will receive a stipend of $55,000 with full employee benefits.
The Avera Behavioral Health Center is a 110 bed acute inpatient behavioral health hospital with comprehensive pharmacy services.
- Develop knowledge and skills to provide patient care at the specialist level for the neuropsychiatric patient.
- Develop strong skills in utilizing evidence based practices in treating the neuropsychiatric patient.
- Increase skills in effective teaching techniques including the areas of didactic, precepting and continuing education settings.
- Refine and further develop clinical research skills
- Develop and enhance leadership skills in pharmacy practice and the profession.
The program is customized for each resident based on his/her goals, career plans, interests and experiences. Completion of a PGY1 residency is required for program admission.
Application Process for PGY2 Psychiatry Pharmacy Residency
Applications for the PGY2 residency position are currently being accepted.
Interested candidates should:
- Apply through the PhORCAS (pharmacy online residency centralized application service) system
- Through PhORCAS, you will need to submit the following required documentation:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official university transcript
- Completed Avera McKennan Application for Employment (which can be completed online at www.averajobs.org beginning in December)
Applications will be accepted until January 18, 2013, or until the position is filled. This residency program participates in the ASHP National Match Program (#624866) via PhORCAS.
For additional information, please contact:
Eric C. Kutscher, Pharm.D., BCPP
Program Director (PGY2 Psychiatry)
Avera Behavioral Health Center
4400 W 69th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
The psychiatry pharmacy practice resident will have primary experience in the acute adult and geriatric inpatient psychiatry setting. A research project is required for graduation.
- Complementary experiences are available in the following areas:
- Consult Liaison Psychiatry
- Emergency Assessment
- Partial Hospital
- Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
- Forensic Psychiatry