Avera Dialysis Sioux Falls
At Avera, we understand that dialysis has a major life impact. We want to provide a comfortable experience as our patients receive life-sustaining care. Be sure to talk with your physician as you make the important decision about where to receive dialysis care.
Avera Dialysis in the news
dialysis center offers:
- Seamless care throughout the continuum of kidney services
- Avera kidney specialists available in the same building
- 22 patient stations
- Same-day lab results
- Newly remodeled space
- State-of-the-art dialysis machines featuring Crit-Line® technology
- Specially designed chairs with heat and massage for maximum comfort
- Blanket warmers
- Plenty of electrical outlets for personal computers and devices
- Comfortable lounge and waiting area
- Convenient parking ramp, indoor skywalk and valet service
- Prescription tracking, reminder calls and free prescription mail delivery, or delivery in person to dialysis patients, and the same co-pays as retail pharmacies
- Experienced, caring staff
- Chaplaincy care
- All the amenities of the Avera McKennan campus, including our cafeteria, Quarry Café, gift stores and more
Dialysis Patient: Avera Offers A to Z Care
Fred Manfred of Luverne, Minn., has been in kidney failure for the past 33 years, and dialysis is his only option for life-sustaining treatment. He travels to Sioux Falls for dialysis three days a week, spending up to four hours hooked to a dialysis machine. Because dialysis is such a big part of his life, the decision of where he receives that care is an important one.
For several reasons, Manfred chose Avera. He is a patient of Dr. Robert Santella of Avera Medical Group Nephrology Sioux Falls. “First of all, I knew my physician would be in the same building, just two floors down, if I ever had any problem. That was very important to me. Also, Avera offers all the medical services I might need, A to Z, on one campus. I often have doctor appointments after dialysis, so all I need to do is get in the elevator and go down two floors.”
He appreciates the extra touches that Avera is putting into its new dialysis center, all with the patient in mind. This includes a specially designed chair with heat and massage that Fred helped select.
He also looks forward to the center’s design, which includes plenty of windows. “The entire south wall will be windows. Because I spend so many hours in a dialysis center, daylight is very important to me. These seem like little things, but to dialysis patients, they mean a lot.”
Opening in early 2014
Avera Dialysis Sioux Falls
Plaza 3, Suite 4000
Avera McKennan campus
Sioux Falls, SD
Peritoneal Dialysis and Home Hemodialysis
Avera Dialysis Sioux Falls offers peritoneal dialysis and home hemodialysis with experienced care staff and state-of-the-art equipment. We provide any training or support that you need, and ensure that your supplies are always delivered to your home before you need them.
Avera offers the full continuum of care for kidney disease, from nephrology to outpatient dialysis to organ transplantation - all in one convenient location in Plaza 3 on the Avera McKennan campus.
Download a brochure to learn more about Avera Dialysis